Saturday, June 29, 2013

Shamanistic Priest

   This miniature is Saruman, the MC17 classic 32mm metal figure of Mithril Miniatures. I already have the Saruman model of GW and I am not interested to have another one. That 's why I painted him with dark colours as a shaman priest (looks like an Orthodox one as well, to tell you the truth). You can see him as a Holy man at "Land of the Lead" blog also.
   This miniature is a milestone for the blog as it is the first post about Saga. I hope many will follow. (Eagle eye friends can see a new style of basing also). Below you can see the priest:





   Many things happened during the last month, good and bad. Unfortunately, mostly bad! This is not an excuse though for my absence, I hope from now on to continue at the previous year pace. More than four to five posts per month!     
   That's it for today!
   Kyr Gkikas, welcome on board!


5 comments:

  1. Glad you're back! I hope everything's turned out well enough for you, Panagiotis.

    The wizard has a certain orthodox feeling as you say, but then he's missing the black squar-ish little hat :)

    You say he's 32 mm, how well does he fit with the newer GW-models? I have had my eyes on Mithril's "The White Council" for a while... it could be a sweet diorama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Llama, the wizard has the same height with the metallic GW models. Which means he is half-head taller than every plastic warrior. Unfortunately, I don't have any new GW models to compare.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info! And as you say, half-head taller, too bad with the discrepancy with GW metals versus plastics, but if it is a nice model, there's not really a problem :)

      Delete
  2. The mini is nicely painted. Well done!

    I had a handful of Mithril miniatures way back in the early 90's and loved them. I haven't seen many around these days though. Maybe I should check them out again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...