Saturday, February 23, 2013

Fallen Trees and Bushes

   Six new terrain pieces of fallen trees and bushes are ready. These pieces are the perfect covers for archers to hide behind them. I will use them in one of our next games.  


   To make them, I used natural twigs, Styrofoam, white glue, hard paper, black wood putty, little stones, foliage (medium green and dark green), static grass and lichen. First I glued the twigs and the Styrofoam rocks on the hard papers.


    Next I covered the remaining surface of the hard papers with black wood putty and stuck the little rocks on them.

    Afterwards I sprayed everything black and when they became dry I painted them with the basic colours, neutral grey, black brown and burnt umber.



   I highlighted all of them a couple of times and when all got dry I stuck the foliage and lichen here and there. Below you can see the final result.



 Drar and a Dwarf Ranger among the fallen trees, ambushing and ready to release their arrows.


   That's it for today! Stay tuned for more!
   Danisnotatree, welcome aboard!

7 comments:

  1. These look really good and are a good addition to the SBG game with the fighting across obstacle rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent stuff! Cant beat real wood to be err... real wood! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Scott! Yes, real wood painted to be more natural! Oxymoron, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. You've done a nice collection of articles on terrain these latest weeks which I missed. Some good tips here, thanks for that, Panagiotis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always welcome! Nice that you are back again!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...