Monday, April 16, 2012

Dwarf Display Box WIP (Part 2)

   What have I done so far? I used Dow Styrofoam to make the rocks, the cliffs, etc and I glued everything in the box. I used cork leaves to cover the surfaces of the styrofoam and drew the 25mm circles on them, where the miniatures will stand. I placed,  temporarily, in the box all the Dwarves to answer the crucial question... if they fit in there. Fortunately, they do fit! I will use one mine working and a couple of mirrors to decorate the box. Below you can see the progress and some photos, where the size of the mirrors is shown in comparison to the Dwarves:

The blue Dow styrofoam

The cork leaves

The mine working and all the Dwarves

And finally, the two mirrors are added




   That's it for today. Stay tuned for more.
     

3 comments:

  1. Tight fit, but it looks like it's going to be pretty nice. I would consider putting a rim around the mirror edge before you paint it so it would look more realistic. Looking forward to next update. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your comment. Frankly speaking, I did not expect this project to take so much time. I thought I would finish it in a couple of days. Hopefully by the end of next week it will be ready. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...